Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Vector75

App fails to install @ Big Sur installer

Good evening, in advance thank you for any advice.

I got the usb drive to work and was able to boot into the macOS installer of Big Sur. I succes fully formatted my Samsung SSD 970 EVO (GUID  - APFS). And pressed on "Install macOS Big Sur".  The "Install macOS Big Sur - HackintoshShop.com" opened and I went to the motions. "Destination Select" was automatically skipped and "Install Type" => "Install Bootloader" was selected. I pressed install and with 25 seconds I got the message "The Installation Failed, the installer encountered an error....." 

My setup:

CPU: Intel i9 9900K
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus XI (Z390)
GPU: MSI VEGA 56

Got a step further, after a shut down. The new drive was found and the installer is running. 

After 20min I got a macOS colorwheel cursor. Will keep waiting!

After a 2 hour wait. I manually restarted, without the USB stick and the Bootloader showed up. So that part of the install worked, because there was no usb I could not continue. Rebooted, with usb but not started from the usb but from the drive. In the bootloader I could select the install macOS and did that. The install booted and I had the option to install macOS again. But got stuck again on the "Install macOS Big Sur - HackintoshShop.com"... Next try with be to boot with a normal macOS Big Sur install usb. Keep you posted.

If someone has other ideas... love to hear them.