Advertisement

Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Monthly Donation - June

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads which covers the running cost.

Donate with BitCoins

Thanks

20%
    $10.00 of $50.00 Donate Now
cmr

What is the deal with partitions

Hey ya all!

I am new to hackintosh and I have everything done till this time, ready flashdisk with catalina and a partiotion left to it. Well, but one thing is bothering me. Is it that necessary to use a whole disk to use hackintosh? I am a multi-system user. Windows, Ubuntu, Arch Linux and Gentoo are installed now. I have a header EFI partition, one for Windows, other for ubuntu, other for Arch, a swap partition, a /home partion, used for Arch and a year ago for Debian, and other for Gentoo, a system on which I'm working (there's no graphical interface yet, although graphical server is running ok), and it's a work I do not want to lose. All 3 systems are working fine and Arch is my default workspace. My plan was to set a partition to Mac, format it with a software and let the installation media install Catalina on it, like any other systems. I could use UEFI menu to acess different bootloaders.

Acer Laptop. Core i5 7th Gen/Geforce 940MX. I guess it's compatible.