Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - April

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads which covers the running cost.

Donate with BitCoins

Thanks

20%
    $20.00 of $100.00 Donate Now
dannyels

Is the model and brand of ssd disk important for a successful installation?

Hello friends of the forum, I have had little experience in hackintouch. my first assembly was in 2010 with snow leopard, now after more than 10 years I start with a pc gigabyte z390 ud intel i5 9400f sapphire rx 570 and 16gram and ssd 540g a400 kinstone I have been reading many tutorials for a month until finally I was able to start the big sur installation. only that. when installing, after 25 minutes, it sends me an error (the installation failed) an important thing is that I am using a kingstone ssd, and they have told me that only the samsung ssd and some cruiser models work 100%, I would like to know If it is true or if you can recommend one, thank you, and excuse me for my English

SSD is recommended for a Faster Hackintosh, When you install Big Sur You Should erase your hard disk under GUID Partition table and Create APFS File System Volume to Install macOS On.

I used a Crucial MX500 SSD and then a Seagate Barracuda 500 gig 7200 rpm for a backup drive. No problem with either installation.

Mike