Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - September

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads. Thanks.

22%
    $45.00 of $200.00 Donate Now
Mr.Garu

Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL • i58265U -TrackPad Not Working

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello!
I've spelled out the make and model of my Lenovo in the Title bar above.  I've two things I need help fixing. 

• The track pad is inop
  • the graphics Intel UHD 620 Graphics is not accelerated.

Otherwise the installation of Catalina worked as anticipated.  Both OEM WIFI & Bluetooth were not working under Catalina. I replace the builtin OEM WIFI Card with the one linked below. I purchased through Amazon.com:

Here is the URL:
M.2 NGFF WLAN BCM94360NG  
I found that once installed, with no drivers or adjustments made to EFI Clover or the Mac OS itself, and booted up. The card has Native Support for  MacOS AirDrop Continuity & Handoff. The Antenna Symbol appeared in the upper Menu bar.  I choose my network, and away I went.  Other items that depend on Apple devices, like Messages, Face Time,  just came alive.  It works, right out of the box. Your experience might vary, but I'd be surprised if it did.

I am rather new at this, so please use one or two syllable words.  I appreciate any help or pointers you can give.  Thanks   - Mr.Gary

Edited by macOS
Beautify

3 answers to this question

Yes, Installing to Clover Kexts would be the better solution rather than Installing to /Library/Extensions