Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - April

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads which covers the running cost.

Donate with BitCoins

Thanks

5%
    $5.00 of $100.00 Donate Now
bnorman93

USB for install not showing in clover

I have downloaded the latest clover and transferred all kexts needed under kexts on the clover efi as well as the hfsplus.efi under my clover folder where my config.plist is and it’s still not showing my usb I created it with trans Mac and downloaded the os from here not sure what I’m doing wrong, I have a hp probook 450 g6 i7 whiskey lake 16gb ram and 600gb nvm hard drive and it’s still not populating the usb with pressing f3 on clover boot menu or trying different ports. Thanks for any help in advance!

Catalina Installer only support UEFI compatible computer.

Did you mean the USB is not available in the Clover Boot menu? Please post a screenshot.

Yes, no matter what I do usb doesn’t appear in the clover options tried different Efi’s and still nothing and different usbs with transmac I have like 5 1tb sd flash drives and 1 32gb one.. kind of confused the processor is whiskey lake it shows windows in the efi clover boot as well as two random efi that boot to a black screen so kind of confused 

Because I tried open core and it says oc: failed to boot! Then just hangs so I’m obviously doing something wrong there too

I did notice the Big Sur has a whiskey lake oc and clover efi I will try those once my flash drive gets done on transmac and see what happens I had Catalina on the laptop before but trashed my efi on accident and ended up reinstalling everything it was a newbie mishap but I’ve learned a lot playing with the efi and made my partition 2 gb this time and backed it up 

Update: I got it to install accidentally took out my windows partition but still have my efi somehow, every time I try to boot the Mac install it just keeps going to recovery so idk what is wrong I’m so lost 

3 hours ago, Mist Enclave said:

can bios old pcs  work with out uefi option do we have hope for bigsur

If you Install legacy Clover or Open Core Bootloader it may work,

The release found in this website doesn't support  legacy BIOS.

Having problems with my graphics it’s all magnified currently only scale option I have is 1024x768, I have whatever green installed as well as lilu... Thanks for any help in advance!
I have my system in my signature
HP Probook 460 i7 i7-8565U, 1.8 GHz/4.6 GHz, quad core turbo
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Ram: 16384 MB (8192 × 2; dual channel
i got Catilina to install now this is giving me problems...

Did you install the both kexts which i have listed above? (Download link updated).

What is your Nvidia graphics model?

Intel Inject Must be Set to Yes/True in Config.plist

I just sent them over so just use those kexts? And it’s a NVIDIA GeForce MX130 (2 GB DDR5 dedicated) and ok I’ll give that a shot 

Here’s after I changed it to inject intel I tried before and got this a lot this is the inject before I added the kexts you want me to add https://postimg.cc/N5C04tGh

More of the plist pertaining to the ssdt and acpi https://postimg.cc/8F6scYV2

More screen shots of plist 

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Dv9wXJn
it looks like there are two inject intel options in the plist for some reason not sure why

Thanks for the help!

After injecting intel it keeps giving me this error https://postimg.cc/MnK62tXx this was it wanting to go into FileVault after updating 

it’s the 632 error that happens with the inject intel not real sure what’s going on

Edited by bnorman93