Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - January

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads which covers the running cost.  Donate with BitCoins

3Np5GbN5AcjwKRndhspiZbyBfkGn1yHbfk

Thanks

70%
    $70.00 of $100.00 Donate Now
Pantyboy

Taking forever to install and then doesn't boot

I've spent a couple of weeks and several attempts to install HS on my machine and no joy.

It will boot from the USB stick and enter 'date....' via Terminal and erase the drive using the boot utility. I choose the drive to install the OS onto and the screen that states 'About 16 minutes remaining' however, it takes 6 or 7 hours to complete.

On completion, I restart the machine and it doesn't boot from the HD. It tells me that there is no bootable drive.

My system is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K on an ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-MX USB3 and has 16Gb RAM installed. There are three hard drives, one 240Gb SSD, a 4Tb 3.5" HDD and an external 2.5", 3Tb HDD. There is also two optical drives, an LG GH24NS95 DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive and a Liteon iHES112 3 BD-ROM. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 and an Archer T8E AC1750 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express WiFi Adapter.

I removed the graphics card and wireless adapter, unpluged the hard drives and optical drives to leave a basic system.

I installed a WD 500Gb hard drive to use for the MacOS and used the onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics.

The BIOS isn't UEFI but I load optimized defaults, disable the Intel Virtualization Technology, the Asmedia USB 3.0 Controller and Legacy USB3.0 Support and set SATA Mode to AHCI. I've tried installing using EHCI Hand-off option in both enabled and disabled mode. More info about the MB can be found here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8H61-MX_R2.0/E7380_P8H61_MX-R2-USB3_Series.pdf.

I've tried checking and unchecking 'Backup Graphic Kexts' and checked and unchecked 'Intel HD Graphics' under 'FakePCIID Kexts and Plugins'.

One thing I haven't tried, as I've only just thought of it, is unplugging the Front panel HD audio connector. Not sure if it'll make any difference 'til I try it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or should I give up?

Usually macOS Installation takes around 20min with an SSD and 60mins if it is a hard disk.

In the boot loader section have you select Chameleon standard as default boot option?

Creat a bootable clover or chameleon USB with BDUtility, After the Installation plug, it and try to boot the USB then select the Installed volume. Alternatively you can use the HS Installer to select the Installed volume to boot from.

Thanks for providing all details.

I'm using TransMac and Hackintosh Zone High Sierra Installer.dmg to create a bootable USB stick and I don't recall being given the choice of boot option.

Do I need to select Chameleon from the 'Customize' section as there's no mention of it in the guide?

Also, do I need to select the option to install Intel HD graphics even though there's no mention of HD 3000 it the explanation box?

Regards

M