Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - November

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads. Thanks.

10%
    $20.00 of $200.00 Donate Now

I know this should be in post installation, but the post installation section for high Sierra is disabled, So.... How do you add ethernet capabilities to macOS? Kexts? I have a netgear router and a B450M Pro4 motherboard. AMD ryzen 2600 and nvidia 1070. I followed the installation guide for High Sierra located in this website.

I’m not sure what I have done wrong but the kext isn’t working, the Ethernet is not registering. I tried to check network but the Ethernet option is not there. I also tried checking the My Mac area and it said “this computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed”.

I tried placing the kext into the kext utility and placing it in the Library/extension area.

Edited by duo

Ethernet adapter? The problem I have is on a pc build I have. I plugged in the Ethernet cable from the router to the empty Ethernet slot on my motherboard. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to have an Ethernet adapter. Please give me your wisdom.

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure how to check which Ethernet chipset I have.