Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - October

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads. Thanks.

10%
    $20.00 of $200.00 Donate Now
fdev666

Niresh Mojave Intel i3 with intel hd 4000

Hello, i had a problem for a week installing mojave on my laptop.

For some reason the graphics card had only 4mb.

So after all the changes i changed the boot loader. I made bootable for high sierra and booted to the hard drive from it.

Adding inject intel on boot seems to make it work.

Is it possible for the problem to be in the bootloader ? Like not being installed properly maybe ?

In my clover i have it set to ( Dual link = 1 and id-platform-id is 0x1660004.

Still if i get in with the mojave boot it has only 4mb but with the high sierra works like a charm.

Thank you allspacer.png

You need to sonsider when Installing Mojave, In the Customize section of the Installer make sure Backup Graphics Extension is not selected.

If you have accidentally selected after the Installation and run the following command

sudo grafix replace all

If your USB is booting hard disk with Full GUI why don't you replace the EFI folder of USB into Hard disk?

It will work like a drop in replacement.

After installing mojave wont even let me see the hard disk in my bios. Thats why i had to boot from the USB. But thats not a problem for me.

This laptop sits as a station. When i install i dont really select anything because the sound and enthernet works. I just added Lilu and Whatevergreen from clover to get the graphics to work. 

I just dont know why booting with mojave usb wont get the integrated graphics to work, but booting from high sierra one injects it and works

• Like 1

Did you Partition your hard disk under GUID Partition Table?

Run the following command in Terminal and post output here

diskutil list

Will it be a problem if i keep on using it like this ? Because if not i might just do it till i need to reinstall or just buy another laptop.

You can format and recreate EFI Partition. Then you can copy the EFI folder of USB into the EFI Partition so it would be bootable without USB.

disk0s1 is being identified as disk here as from your screenshot, You must verify EFI Partition disk id by running diskutil list before using the command below. do not copy paste.

sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI /dev/disk0s1
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

There is no need to buy a laptop and you can fix the bootloader.

I just installed Catalina and it's just working. Didn't really needed to do a lot as post install.

Thank you for your help !