Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

August Donations

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads which covers the running cost.

Thanks

0%
    $0.00 of $100.00 Donate Now
salocor3

USB to Ethernet not Working After Installing Catalina

Hello!  I'm updating from Mojave to Catalina.  I reinstalled macOS on a different hard drive.  When I booted it up, my USB to ethernet adapter stopped working.  When I boot to recovery, I can ping google.com with terminal, but network doesn't work in the OS.  I tried removing all kexts but the ones that arent necessary to run it, but it still doesn't work.  I also tried plugging in my iPhone to see if tethering works, and it did.  I don't want to primarily use that as I don't have an unlimited hotspot, though.  Here's my kext folder (I have FakeSMC.kext in the Other folder):IMG_4078.jpg?width=633&height=475

And my network settings page:

IMG_4079.jpg?width=356&height=475

And my SMBIOS:

IMG_4080.jpg?width=633&height=475

Any help is greatly appreciated.  If I posted this in the wrong category or didn't post my specs properly I apologize.  I posted them to the about page on my profile.  I'm new to this :).

What is the model of your USB Ethernet.

Which kext did you previously used?

Hey so I actually figured it out. (kinda) The model is Inateck HBU3VL3-4. I just poked around at unloading kexts from /Library/Extensions and now it thinks it's a bluetooth network lol.  But hey, it works.  I wish I could give more of an explanation to help people who also have this issue, but I honestly have no idea what I did.

Thanks for the reply!

Edited by salocor3

Ok, I restarted and now it's not working again.  In network it says I have a USB 10/100/1000 LAN and bluetooth is gone, but no cable connected.  I checked the cable and it is connected.  Any Ideas?  This is quite strange...

IMG_4082.jpg?width=351&height=468