Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - November

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads. Thanks.

5%
    $10.00 of $200.00 Donate Now
mikeks

disk utility bootable flash drive

Hi All, I am new to Hackintosh  and new to Apple products despite working there for a year and a day and I have not read through all of the data that is available here. So I apologize in advance.

This trip into Apple land is for a reason. I have a 10TB G-drive that was/is HPFS+. While upgrading from a trial account to a paid account via Paragons website, it turned the 10TB disk into type RAW. Ouch!

For two month's now I have been trying to fix this darn drive, partition would be more accurate.. Paragon's total support level at this time is "plug it into an apple and run disk utility. I do have it showing up as HPFS+  under Paragon's software again but it can not mount the device and Paragon either could not or would not tell me what error code 614 is..

The data is still on the disk, I was able to recover over 240,000 files, all without a filename or a directory structure

I have Catalina up on Vmworkstation but it complains about it needing a driver in order to mount the G-Drive. I tell it to update and it just seems to hang, nevrer to boot again.. sigh...

I suspect now that it is because The VM is obviously not genuine Apple.

My question is this, do I need to go through all of the install for the entire build or is there a small build I can do to get disk utility work on windows 10.

I know, please forgive the new guy 😉

Thank You

Do you mean Google Drive?

I have less experience with Vmware. If you have a spare hard disk / ssd you can Install a Hackintosh on it.

usually HFS+ Does not need any drivers. 
Please post your hardware specifications.