Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Donation Goals

Hackintosh Monthly Donation - September

Hackintosh Shop was made possible by using your donations & displaying ads. Thanks.

22%
    $45.00 of $200.00 Donate Now
subotica77

Network not recognized

Question

First of all, THANK YOU for the easy installer (Niresh Catalina ). It was really easy to get Mac OS Catalina up and running on my PC.

Everything works great except the network ports. No matter what I do I can’t get them to be recognized by Mac OS. I tried a few different versions of the recommended kexts. I also tried placing them in various recommended folders (EFI/Clover/keksts/Other, /L/E or /S/L/E). No matter what I do, I can’t get my network cards recognized.

My setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming (rev. 1.0)
CPU: Intel Core i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
Ram: Corsair DOminator Platinum 3200MHz, 64GB
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition

I know my hardware works fine because I just reinstalled Windows 10 and the network works perfectly.

My motherboard comes with two network chips:
• Intel GbE LAN chip
• Killer E2400 LAN chip

Any recommendations? I really want to be able to connect to the internet with this machine.

6 answers to this question

Never mind. I ended up reinstalling the OS and I noticed that the Ethernet kexts were disabled by default in the installer options. I enabled them and now my network works great :-) Great job with this installer.

• Like 1

Hey i fixed it , i installed the kext file for the usb wifi and i have to use the external usb wifi connector .thats all...:)

• Like 1